Changes at Facebook
“The only constant is change” has always been very real in the IT sector. Every day there are new headlines about changes or additions in the industry. Social Media is certainly no exception to this rule. With the growing communities on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, these companies need to constantly add new features to keep their users interested.
At Pinnacle Lists, we are big users of these technologies because we recognize how they impact business today. How followers and likes equates to increased online exposure. Whether our clients are sending out an opt in email campaign, direct mail, or making calls with a telemarketing campaign, they need to tie in their social media presence so that recipients know that they are there.
Today, I came across an article in the Social Media Examiner titled, “7 New Facebook Changes Impacting Businesses.” It would seem that the big message that Facebook is using is: Mission Control. Here are the major changes mentioned:
1. One major photo – that’s it – with no call to action – so your best to use a familiar image like your logo.
2. Larger, Highlighted, and Pinned Posts – more eye catching than before. I wonder if the concept of “pinning” comes from Pinterest??
3. Setting Company Milestone – This allows you to communicate big events to your clients or prospects.
4. New Applications – You are now able to showcase 12 apps.
5. Facebook Offers – Only a handful of companies can presently use this feature. However, this will change shortly. This could be great for small businesses – offering free webinars or consultations.
6. Facebook Insights & Admin – Lots of new options have been added, along with easier access.
7. Facebook Advertising – Larger ads and the addition of the Reach Generator to improve exposure to more users.
A recent article in Bloomberg states that Facebook’s mobiles ads are really annoying users!
For more information on how we can help you with your targeted marketing, please contact us.
Thanks for your time and interest!