The Power of Communication – Conan O’Brien’s 2011 Dartmouth College Commencement Address
The power of communication to impact your audience.
The power to change people’s opinions.
The power to sell, sell, sell.
Remember, you need to touch them several times in order for them to take you seriously.
As a Direct Marketing List Broker with nearly 10 years of industry experience, I am still seeing demand for permission based email campaigns. Not only am I seeing regular demand for opt in email lists, I am still seeing demand for direct mail. I think that the demand for direct mail will rise because it is going to become a niche marketing tool since direct mail use has dropped considerably in the last 10 years.
Today, I would like to look at a couple of articles that speak to email marketing 2014, to see what others thoughts are.
Here is an article titled, “The future of email marketing 2014 – All email marketing trends.” from Email Monday. The article speaks to the following trends:
1. The introduction of HTML5 will add new media rich elements to email creatives.
2. Mobile marketing continues to grow and needs to be taken into consideration for all email creative.
3. Email is integrated with social media – more and more people are communicating in this way.
Here is another article from Marketing Charts titled, “Top Email Marketing Initiatives and Challenges in 2014.” Here are some comments from the article:
– increasing cross channel connect with customers
– developing more relevant engagements with customers
– a major concern was data hygiene – how current and accurate is the email data?
Here is one more article from My Customer titled, “Email Marketing Trends in 2014.” Some key comments include:
– 71% of B2B brands use email marketing
– 65% of B2C brands use email marketing
– In 2013, companies have used 20% of their budget on email marketing – it is expected to grow by another 10% in 2014
– In 2012, half of all email marketing recipients made a purchase based on a promotional email
– For B2B Marketers, subject lines that contained the words money, revenue, and profit, performed the best
– Emails that included social media sharing have a 158% higher click through rate
– More people open emails in the day vs. the night
– The use of images make your emails more appealing
Thank you for your time. I hope that this information around email marketing 2014 has been useful for your 2014 email marketing planning.
Please contact us to learn more about the specific target markets that Pinnacle Lists can locate for you.
Check out this compilation of 2013 wins and losses! Quite amazing and very entertaining!
YouTube Brands: 5 Outstanding Leaders in YouTube Marketing!
Check out some amazing marketing videos that have been posted on YouTube! YouTube Brands is all about having instant impact since you only have a moment!
AWESOME LIFESTYLE BRANDING VIDEO:
AMAZING HOME DEPOT BRANDING VIDEO:
As a Direct Marketing List Broker, I am regularly asked what I do and how I support businesses. This is a great article that speaks to the benefits of utilizing direct marketing in your business or non-profit.
What can you do differently in the coming months to differentiate yourself from the competition?
What one small change will make all the difference? Have you added videos to your website to tap into the power of YouTube to drive your traffic?
I think that it is always important at the end of a year to review the Top Direct Marketing Tips to learn some new ideas.
When we speak with clients, we take them through our 3-Step process to ensure that we are clear about their business, and that they are clear about our deliverable.
I came across an article in digital versions of Target Marketing magazine.
Here are some of the tips that the article speaks to:
– Marketing should be anything less than perfect today with all the tools that are available to us – grammar and spelling for instance
– Things are more likely to be clicked if they are funny
– Quickly identify customers who need your support
– Understand the financial implications of the data that you have
– Check out Offline to Online marketing – a means of driving prospects to your digital experience where they keep coming back due to incentives that you offer
– With Opt In Email Marketing, if you have found that your prospect has not opened their email after 6 months, then remove them from the list
There are many more tips where these came from. The key is to review them and assess which ones hit home the most for you.
So what makes the Seth Godin Purple Cow ideas so unique? Why does a marketer need to pay attention?
What makes your product remarkable?
What makes your direct marketing campaign remarkable?
There are soooooooo many choices out there and people have soooooooo little time. Therefore, you need to stand out! The Seth Godin Purple Cow concept speaks to this.
Do something that people talk about! Stand out from the crowd! Take a chance!
This presentation covers how to launch a successful email marketing campaign, text message marketing campaign, build an email marketing list, co-op, and more. Having a call to action and an offer are really a very important part of your internet campaign.
Today I would like to talk about how great leaders inspire action. Simon Sinek presents a simple but powerful model for how leaders inspire action, starting with a golden circle and the question “Why?” His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers — and as a counterpoint Tivo, which (until a recent court victory that tripled its stock price) appeared to be struggling.
How can this help your direct marketing campaign? By providing you with inspirational ideas to incorporate in your copy.