How to ensure successful marketing email campaigns?
Have you every wondered what it takes to ensure successful marketing email campaigns? What are some of the key issues to keep in mind before hitting the send button? As a Direct Marketing Consultant, I am working with my clients on an ongoing basis, providing them with feedback as to what they need to do to ensure a successful email broadcast.
Today I will look at a couple of articles to see what others are saying. For myself, I emphasize very clear and concise subject lines that speak to the content of the creative and call the recipient to action. I emphasize clean, clear and concise creatives that have links spread throughout with calls to action associated with them.
Here is a blog entry from Hub Spot titled “13 Things to Check Before Hitting “Send” on your Next Marketing Email.” Some of the key things that they emphasize are:
1. Broken Links – please, please, please test your links before sending your broadcast
2. Forgotten Links – please check any images that are supposed to have links associated with them
3. Spelling/Grammatical Errors – please, please, please check your spelling and grammar before sending. Please have a colleague check.
4. Ensure that your formatting works and will be received properly by different programs and devices.
5. Make sure that you are utilizing a respected List Company – I can help with that. As you want to be compliant with anti-spam legislation and work with a white listed provider (internet service providers recognize them as legit).
6. Make sure that you have a “view email online” if they cannot see it in their email viewer.
Here is one other article from Silverspike titled “Tips for a Successful Email Marketing Campaign.” They emphasize making it personal – use the recipient’s name in the subject line and in the body of the email. Testing and tracking performance are also key steps to keep in mind.
I hope that this article has been helpful.