QR code vs. Short url – how they support a direct marketing campaign
How can QR codes vs. Short codes help your targeted direct marketing campaign?
As targeted direct marketing List Brokers, we are always interested in new direct marketing methods. With QR and short codes, messages can be sent out in an opt in email campaign that can be read on a smart phone and utilized immediately in a store as a coupon.
We decided to take a look at some articles to see what has been written on this topic. Here is what we located:
Here is an article from Target Marketing that asks whether a marketing campaign would benefit from these codes. Here are the article highlights:
- Short codes can capture a phone number, allowing for easy follow-up
- QR codes do not provide any information like a phone number
- QR codes are easy to create
- Short codes have a longer turnaround time and have a cost per click for texting/SMS; however, texting is easy
- QR codes can be hard to scan in poor lighting conditions
Here is another article called “Quick Tips for Marketing with QR Codes”. Some key highlights are:
- QR codes are not brand new. They have been around since 1994
- QR reader apps are easily downloadable allowing your smart phone to turn into a QR code reader in moments
- QR codes can be fun to work with and can replace links in your website, emails, and advertisements
- Like email spam, make sure that the QR Code that you are about to read is associated with a reputable vendor